Monday, March 22, 2010

emi goes to texas

Adam's grandma turned 75 on March 6th so we went to Texas for a big family party. It was so fun to all be together and to celebrate Grandma's birthday. Of course we made time to eat at our favorite places (numerous times) and do a little sight-seeing as well.

The first day we met up with one of Adam's friends from high school, Joe, for lunch.

After that we headed to Galveston. Adam has been wanting to take me there since the first time I went to Texas with him before we got married. We have never had time on any of our trips, but this time we were able to make it. It was not at all how Adam remembered it or how I pictured it. It was fun to go, but I just didn't realized that Hurricane Katrina hit so hard there as well. A great deal of the island has still not been built back up.

Adam and Emi at a cool souvenir shop in Galveston

me and Emi

this was underneath the souvenir shop- just thought it looked cool

we were trying to get some cute pictures of Emi standing in the sand but she didn't like it

some of the houses looked like the hurricane just happened

and then on the same street were ones like this- absolutely beautiful- I thought it was interesting

this was just another house I thought looked cute

we had lots of fun driving around exploring

and I LOVED seeing this out my window!

when we didn't find much to do in Galveston we headed to Kemah

they have rides and shops

just a cool lighthouse there

I love boats

a goofy picture of Emi with Popeye

she LOVES to sit on Daddy's shoulders

The second day we spent with family over at Grandma and Grandpa's. We had a lot of fun visiting and hanging out. Kylee and Emi loved playing together, as always.

Kylee and Emi on the swingset

Emi with Grandpa and Grandma

me and Emi
I thought I had taken a lot more pictures but I guess we were having too much fun!

5 comments:

Tami said...

Cute pictures! What a fun little getaway! Looks like you had fun.

derek and michelle said...

Aw I want to go back. It was so fun. I cant wait to see emi walking all over, I heard she was.

Jodi said...

So glad you came to visit - it was good to see all of you!!

Kalli and Derek said...

How fun!! You have such a cute family and it looks like you have a great time. Emi is so dang cute.

Spike and Linda said...

Cute pictures... loved seeing the Galveston photos. It does look like it needs some attention. Kema is fun isnt it. We were only there once but I would love to go back!