Friday, February 26, 2010

happy birthday baby

My sweet little Emi is one year old today. I can't believe it was a year ago she came into our lives. It was a long year and a hard year, but it was the best year of my life. It has been so wonderful getting to know her sweet little spirit and falling in love with her each and every day.

I am a very sentimental person and yesterday afternoon I was thinking about how my water broke and then later that night how I was in labor and just reliving the whole thing in my mind. When I took Emi to her room to put her to bed I just held her and started to cry as I thought about how much she has grown up already. I felt like I was putting my "baby" to bed for the last time and just realized that she really is turning into a little girl. I think she must have sensed that I just wasn't ready to let her go because she just laid her head on my shoulder and snuggled me. She is not a snugly baby at all and never lays down like that, but she did it last night and it meant so much to me. I rocked her in her room for a few minutes and let out my tears over my baby growing up and then put her to bed.

Emi has taught me so much in the last year and I am so grateful to have been blessed to have her in our family. She brings so much joy, laughter and light into our lives, it's hard to remember what it was like before she was around. I hope she knows how much I love her and I hope she feels special today!

This is a collage I made of her first year starting with her newborn picture and then a picture of her each month with her 1 year in the middle.
I can't believe how much she has grown! She is still so petite though. Her stats at 1 year are:
height: 27 inches...5 percentile
weight: 16 pounds 5 ounces...1 percentile
head: 43.9 centimeters...20 percentile

I love you Emi...happy birthday baby!

9 comments:

Jodi said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, EMI!!
We love you!!

derek and michelle said...

Of course everytime you right something like that I cry. Thats so sweet. She is such a doll, I love the collage. See you guys soon.
Happy Birthday Emi, Love kylee jo

JD and Alicia said...

That made me cry, too! Ugh, it must be the new mommy stuff. She is so darling and we just love her!

Rach H @ FamilyEverAfter said...

Happy Birthday little Miss Emi! That collage is beautiful! and so are her one year old pics. I love the picture frame, and that she's little enough to fit into it! so cute!!!

Kalli and Derek said...

How sweet, you are the cutest mom. She is so adorable and I love all the pictures.

scott and tara said...

Happy Birthday Emi! It does go by way to fast. I can't believe I have a FIVE year old, yet it seems like yesterday she was just a little baby. Enjoy every moment!

Spike and Linda said...

Mistake reading that at work....... in tears! I so wish we lived closer so little Emi knew us! xoxoxo to all. miss you guys!

Kenny, Shan, and Brookie said...

How can you handle having such a cute baby!? Seriously every time I see her pictures, I can't believe just how cute she is! Happy Birthday little Emi!! Miss you Alli! :) Wish we were closer!

Jade said...

She is just as cute as can be. That year did fly by!